We can’t wait to catch up with our amazing community in person at Xerocon New Orleans on 24 and 25 August and Xerocon Sydney on 7 and 8 September. Xerocon has been referred to as the ‘Coachella for accountants’ and is an event not to be missed if you’re looking to take your practice to the next level.
If you’re joining us, you can expect to reconnect and form new connections with the Xero team and fellow cloud accounting leaders and learn from inspirational world-class speakers on stage.
So, how can you further enhance your Xerocon experience? Well, look no further than your very own mobile phone – that’s right, we’re talking about embracing the power of social media.
First things first
Whether you are attending in person or just watching from afar, we recommend you follow our official Xero social channels, as we will be providing exclusive content, tips and tricks, and a behind the scenes look at the event across all of our channels. This is really the best place to experience Xerocon beyond the stage. We also strongly recommend using our hashtag – #Xerocon – throughout the event to ensure that your network can see your content over the course of the two days.
Don’t miss a moment of the magic
There’s so much to see and do at Xerocon from keynotes speakers, reconnecting with old friends, meeting new friends to talking with our app partners about building up your digital toolkit and enjoying all the other fun things that Xerocon is famous for.
With so much going on across the two days, it’s very easy to miss something so whether you’re at Xerocon in person or watching the updates, announcements and activities from afar – the best way to stay in the know is to follow the hashtag – #Xerocon.
Put social media to work for you
Don’t wait until you walk through the entrance of Xerocon to take advantage of social media. Put it to work immediately so you’re in the best position going into the event. Start by joining in on the conversation around Xerocon – and you can do this today by following the hashtag, #Xerocon.
Before the event, you can uncover tips on how to make the most of your time, share what you’re hoping to take away from your time at Xerocon as well as talk with other attendees to discover what they’re most looking forward to.
During the event, share content from the event as well as your Xerocon experience with your followers on social media. Widen your influence by showcasing your knowledge on Twitter using appropriate and trending hashtags (for example, #WednesdayWisdom) or do a Facebook Live video (don’t forget to give your followers a heads up so they can tune in).
You can also take this opportunity to grow your professional network by swapping Twitter handles and connecting with your peers and Xero on LinkedIn and Facebook.
After the event, you can relive the experience by showcasing your favourite moments with your social network either by creating a photo album or writing a blog article shared via your social media channel.
Power up your social media presence
As we all know, social media is a great tool to connect and grow your network, and there are a number of different platforms offering various benefits. Here we break down the benefits of each platform, and how you can get the most out of each one.
Twitter is a great way to follow and engage with what’s happening at Xerocon in real time.
- Follow and use the #Xerocon hashtag so see all the latest from Xero as we share updates, announcements, fun and lots more – and don’t forget to retweet.
- Share your own thoughts and experience with your followers using visuals (for example, photos of the speakers or the venue), and don’t forget to add the #Xerocon hashtag to your tweets so others can see your content.
- Don’t forget to tag speakers and other attendees in your tweets to increase your reach and engagement
Instagram is a great place for you to share exciting content from breakouts, photos taken with new and old friends, fun activities throughout the day and even the famous Xerocon Party. Alternatively, you can engage with our content where we’ll be sharing stories and reels throughout the day showcasing the biggest and best content live from Xerocon.
- Make sure you follow Xero on Instagram to not miss a beat from Xerocon
- Tag @xero in your stories and reels so we can share your content in our stories
- Use the #Xerocon hashtag to make sure we can see and engage with your content
- Share your own thoughts and experience with your followers in stories and/or reels
- Brighten up your stories with our Instagram GIF stickers. You can find them by selecting GIF and typing ‘Xerocon’ when creating a story, and off you go.
LinkedIn is a great platform to connect with your virtual professional network as well as build your professional online presence. We’ll be using LinkedIn to share our key announcements and product updates.
- This is a good time to refresh your LinkedIn profile to make sure your professional details are up to date. Your headline should clearly state your professional role and we recommend adding a short bio sharing who you are, what you do, your personal values, and professional accomplishments.
- Share posts (both photo and videos) highlighting that you are at Xerocon and make sure to tag @Xero and any partners or fellow attendees.
- Search and connect with our special guests and speakers at Xerocon.
- Follow the exhibitors who’ll be exhibiting at Xerocon that you’re interested in.
- Write opinion pieces and share interesting articles showcasing your interest and subject matter expertise – don’t forget to share links to your content from your other social media accounts tagging @Xero so we can see and possibly share with our network.
And last, but not least, we can’t forget Facebook. Facebook is renowned as a virtual community where you can connect with friends, family and other people you know.his makes Facebook a great place to keep your finger on the pulse of Xero’s latest announcements during Xerocon.
- Engage with your followers by replying to posts and comments on your page.
- Publish posts and reels sharing interesting content relevant to your interests and those of your Facebook community
- Cross-share stories from Instagram to make your content creation easier
Let’s get social at Xerocon
With two jam packed days at Xerocon, we want you to have the best time during the event, and social media is a great way to connect with like-minded people to power up your experience. So don’t miss a single moment of Xerocon, whether you’re there in person or following from afar, by using and keeping an eye on the hashtag, #Xerocon. Tag us in your content, connect with other attendees and engage with the Xero community across social media.