Today marks day one of Xerocon Sydney and I’m so excited to share more details on a global initiative called the Xero Beautiful Business Fund.
Last month on Xero Day, the anniversary of the day where it all started for us 17 years ago, we announced the Xero Beautiful Business Fund as a way to help our small business customers boost their growth plans and drive future success. The initiative offers more than NZ$750,000 in funding globally for winning Xero customers who are eager to take the next step in various aspects of their business.
Starting today, applications for the Xero Beautiful Business Fund are officially open and small businesses can apply at xerobeautifulbusinessfund.com.
The Fund is open to Xero small business customers in Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, the US and the UK, and we can’t wait to hear from you.
There will be a total of 28 regional winners, one from each country for each category (outlined below), that will be determined by regional judging panels before being put forward to the global judging panel to conclude the global winner for each of the four categories.
The global judging panel for the inaugural Xero Beautiful Business Fund includes judges who represent accounting, small business and Xero’s global partners: Laurie McCabe, Co-Founder and Partner, SMB Group; Becca McClure, Director of Transformation, BDO Global; Jeanne Grosser, Global Head of Partnerships, Stripe; John Hummelstad, Locatrix CEO; Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, Xero CEO and Nigel Piper, Xero Executive General Manager, Customer Experience.
Ready to apply? Here’s how you can get started:
1. Review the funding categories
Eligible Xero small business customers – whether you’re for-profit or non-profit – will be able to apply for the following funding categories that best suit your needs. There’s no cap on how many you can enter.
- Innovating for sustainability: For small businesses who want to take the next step on their sustainability journey. For example, it could be to move to sustainable packaging, implement energy-efficient equipment or carbon neutral transport.
- Trailblazing with technology: For small businesses seeking to innovate. This could include digitalising parts of their operations or integrating new emerging technologies.
- Strengthening community connection: For small businesses or non-profits who strive to give back to their communities. It could be to contribute to philanthropy, social good, or make an impact on the community in a meaningful way.
- Upskilling for the future: For small businesses seeking to support upskilling for themselves or their employees. This could include access to training and other professional development opportunities.
2. Put together your submission
For each category you’d like to enter, create a 90 second pitch video and complete a short online application form. For video filming tips to follow, be sure to check out our guide.
Tip: It’s important to be future focused in your submission, detailing how the fund would benefit your business.
3. Enter now
Submit your application online at xerobeautifulbusinessfund.com. You’ll have until 6 October to get your submission in! Our winners will be announced in November.
Where can I learn more?
Be sure to stay tuned for additional content covering the Xero Beautiful Business Fund!