Spotlight Workpapers available for Australia
Earlier in the month we launched the Australian v1 of Spotlight Workpapers. Spotlight Workpapers is the only cloud-based year-end compliance application in use across Australasia that integrates with Xero and WorkflowMax. Being optimised for Xero accountants, Workpapers was a popular acquisition by Xero back in July.
We’ve been thrilled by the positive response to the Australian release, with many new sign-ups by Gold and Silver Partners as part of the Workpapers Beta Programme.
Here is some of the accounting channel reaction in Australia on Twitter:
Some common themes coming through both in New Zealand and Australia are:
- that users are experiencing very real time and cost savings on jobs; this means better ‘bottom line’ for accounting practices
- the integration with Xero is showing the power of the ‘single ledger‘ concept and is for the first time making real-time data synchronisation possible between accounting workpapers and the accounting system
- online, ‘smart’ interaction with clients beats the old paper trail/shoe box hands down, with improved audit trail, document sharing and information accuracy
- reviewing online is fast and effective for managers and Partners; this can be done anywhere, any time.
- Workpapers can be rolled out by a firm quickly and efficiently. Our training and support structure is working well so that new users of Spotlight Workpapers get underway quickly and efficiently.
It’s early days, so we’re not getting ahead of ourselves. The Workpapers team is working hard to develop new functionality and features, whilst looking after the existing firms across Australasia that are relying on us to provide an innovative solution for this critical part of an accounting firm’s operations.
We encourage your continued feedback and dialogue – after all, Workpapers is for you.
Read more about Accountants