Help getting paid, import contacts, customize invoices and date shortcuts
It’s release day again and we’re quite excited about this one. The main feature in this release is a fixed assets and depreciation (more about this in our next blog post), but we’ve also been able to pick up on several of the most requested features by our customers to help you manage your debtors, provide more options for customizing invoices and importing of contacts.
Helping you get paid
Managing cashflow has never been more important. To help out, we’ve turned the Awaiting Payment tab in Accounts Receivable into a debt collection tool.
The process is simple:
- Simply click the overdue amount under Money Coming In on the Dashboard (or go to the Awaiting Payment tab in Accounts Receivable)
- All invoices that are overdue or past their expected payment date will be highlighted in red.
- Expand an invoice to view the contact’s phone number then give them a call (regardless of how great your accounting system, the best way to get payment on time is to talk to your customers).
- Record a note about when they’ll pay and set the expected date.
- Save the note and send a statement to follow-up your call. In your email, confirm the details they agreed upon.
Watch the short video below to see how it works:
Match your invoices to your brand
We know how important your brand is and your invoices need to show it. We’re working on a complete invoice customization solution, but to handle the most common customization needs you can now:
- Position your logo
- Edit the page headings
- Choose from a selection of fonts
- Decide which columns to show
- Hide or show the payment advice
- Plus, other layout options
Also in this release: Import contacts, date shortcuts
- You can now import contacts from your old accounting system or Outlook. First, export them to CSV and then modify them in Excel or an online spreadsheet like Google Docs to match the format used in Xero.
- Please thank Kim Fowler for this awesome suggestion: simply enter +7 or +30 (or + any number) in any date field to automatically calculate the date.
For detailed instructions on importing contacts read the help or watch the short video below.
You can read this month’s full release notes here.
Please let us know what you think.
27 September 2012 #