Future of Accounting
This week we’re racing around the country talking about the Future of Accounting, to accountants. Yesterday was Wellington, today Christchurch, tomorrow and Friday Auckland. I had another conference to speak at in Taupo this morning so it’s a big travel week.
We’re covering the accountants specific features we’re working on between now and the big changeover period of March/April. It’s cool to be able to show them the new opportunities that arise from them being connected to all of their customers.
Coincidently, last week Ben from CloudAve asked me to write about how I saw the future of online accounting in 3 to 5 years.
I put out 10 predictions.
- Online accounting won’t exist as a product category for long
- Bookkeeping will go away, slowly
- Governments get very interested in online accounting
- Business Internet Banks will emerge
- The Accountants channel becomes more important
- New global leaders will emerge
- It really will become software plus services.
- The channel changes
- API standardization
- Microsoft will enter the market
You can read the full article over at CloudAve …
26 November 2008 #